In time, due to exposure to nature’s elements (sun, rain, wind, pollution, freezing cold, salt water), contact with abrasive materials, chemicals, electric current, use and misuse, care and maintenance will be necessary to protect your items with powder coated parts. Power coated finishes exposed may begin to show signs such as less glossiness, chalking and color loss. A consistent cleaning schedule will help remove dirt, grime, and other surface buildup that may be harmful to the powder coating finish, so with proper care and maintenance, you can prolong the service life substantially.
- Clean with a soft brush or cloth, using mild soap and very warm water. It is best to use soaps that have emulsifiers that break down common stains and are scum free.
- The exposed surfaces of powder coated parts that are most critical should be cleaned weekly or bi-weekly.
- Use Cleaner Wax to remove dirt, grime and grease.
- If scratches do occur, similar to paint, polish, glaze and wax, but unlike paint, powder doesn’t need to “breathe” so the more wax the better.
- Wash normally and maintain similar to the way paint would be maintained.
Protect and customize your favorite motorcycle, bike & car parts, indoor and outdoor metal furniture, architectural items to match your décor, call today!
We guarantee a durable and corrosion-resistant powder coat
that will last through tough weather for years to come!
Keep up to date on our Powder Coating projects – check us out on Instagram!